I do, I do! But I heart J-Crew on sale even more!!! I purchased this sweater while vacationing in Boston and I just loved it! This is the first time wearing it to work (it's usually a casual sweater with jeans and flats) but I think it worked out pretty chic-ly with a pencil skirt! I know the boots may be a tad chunky but there is just sooo much snow here!!
(via: Southern Living)
Okay, Okay, I'll be honest.. I didn't wear these cute nude pumps to work today... Nope, I definitely wore big, awkward, fluffy snow boots! BUT these would be the shoes of choice if it wasn't a snow storm : ) I pinned this interiors image back in the day (loving the colours) and thought it was a good idea to pull the fantastic tones from the room to create today's outfit! Coral, green and cream... what a great combination it turned out to be!
I feel very tropical when I wear this dress! And let's be honest... I will take dreaming and thinking of tropical weather any way I can get! Oh, have you heard?... Another snow storm is on the way tomorrow! So I put on this dress and day-dreamed of sand, sun and pina coladas today and well, thats probably all it will be for a while! Come on spring!!
It feels like I haven't posted in so long since I was on "the IT list" on Friday! How great is that : ) Well, I'm back to my regular posts and here is a fun one! As most of you probably agree, mixing patterns is the freshest thing in fashion! So I thought I would try it out! How did I do? I don't know how I feel about the turquoise necklace, but after trying on a handful I just had to accept this one and go to work already!!
- Laura Wears is rocking shades of yellow and blue for a super stylish work day! Pop over to check out her fabulous pants! (find Laura Wears on Twitter!)
- Seersucker + Saddles is using her go-to spring staple to dress down a pretty frock! Head over to find out what versatile piece every closet needs for the warming weather! (find Seersucker + Saddles on Twitter!)
- Undeniable Style mixes stripes and plaid for cozy, yet polished, look complete with tons of layering! So Cute!! (find Undeniable Style on Twitter!)
- Miss Top Ten Image elevates her look with one colorful accessory that pops off of her neutral outfit! It's all in the details! (find Miss Top Ten Image on Twitter!)
- My Thrifty Chic looks gorgeous in pink and red and does it for a steal! Her entire looks rings in under $40 - definitely a must see! (find My Thrifty Chic on Twitter!)
- The Second Best mixes camo and leather for a killer combination! Perfect for date night with a little edge! (find Second Best on Twitter!)
- A Fashion Fixation trades in her little black dress for a little blue dress! An amazing change of scenery from a favorite closet staple! (find A Fashion Fixation on Twitter!)
- Little Bit of Wo.We shows us seven ways to style a gorgeous sequin skirt! Everything from date night to errand running - tons of ideas here! (find Little Bit of Wo.We on Twitter!)
- Rose a la Mode is rocking denim on denim with a few extra layers to stay warm! Add in a great pair of boots and a beautiful bag and this is on cute look! (find Rose a la Mode on Twitter!)
- Pretty Preened is brighting up the winter mood in pretty shades of pink! The best part... this look is pocket-book friendly! (find Pretty Preened on Twitter!)
- A Fine Line rounds up her favorite coffee and tea accessories for all of you caffeine lovers! This one will definitely have you reaching for a mug! (find A Fine Line on Twitter!)
- It's a Darling Ensemble is doubling up on her favorite pattern - polka dots! Pop over to see how she pulls it off!
- Sweetie Pie Style goes for a classic look in denim and white and adds in a bit of fun with a hint of neon! Love this budget-friendly look - definitely one to recreate! (find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)
- Second Street East is dreaming of spring and taking inspiration from a pretty pastel room! Pop over to check out the outfit and room looks that this living room inspired! (find Second Street East on Twitter!)
It's true.. I didn't even wake up late! I just had no umph! I slopped this outfit together and I was out the door. I'll be honest, it was comfy but it definitely had no thought behind it! Black pants, flat boots, patterned shirt and a necklace and that was that! Maybe I'll be more creative tomorrow!
Shirt: Forever 21 | Skirt: Le Chateau | Shoes: Suzy Shier | Necklace: Le Chateau | Watch: Michael Kors
I honestly don't know if I could make it a week without wearing something with polka-dots on it!! And today I'm wearing double! Crazy girl. They are definitely taking over my closet... Note to self: be open minded with other patterns! Regardless, I thought this outfit was classic with a fun flair! A perfect Wednesday pick-me-up.
I love this look! I have seen this image floating around Pinterest for quite some time now and just love how the patterns mix so well together! I wish my skirt had bigger polka-dots, but what can ya do! To add some colour I threw on the coral bubble necklace and off I was to work! Yay! to a short week!
Happy Family Day to all my Canadian lovelies! I have been seeing "this look" for some time now and love it! SO! I thought I would try it out for myself! So here you have my variation of the tulle skirt & chambray shirt outfit! I like how it has a county chic type look to it! Perfect for the office and then out for after work drinks! Cheers
Okay, okay.. we don't actually play the "casual Friday" at work game! But I like to think that a denim dress is far from wearing a pair of jeans to work right!? Maybe, maybe not... but I didn't get a pink slip so I think I'm in the clear! I threw this outfit post into the penny-pinchin' gems category because I had to flaunt these boots! They are definitely my go-to black boots for winter and I purchased that at such a fabulous price!! It was my first time shopping at Destiny USA mall in Syracuse and man, was it everything I hoped for and more! (currently day-dreaming.. ahhhh) Anyway, so we are shopping away and stop in DSW and there's a wheel of fortune just ready and waiting.. so I spin the wheel and BAM 30% off these already $25 boots! And there you have it folks!
Sweater: Banana Republic | Skirt: Target | Tights: F21 | Shoes: Suzy Shier | Necklace: F21 | Watch: Michael Kors | Bracelet: Just Fab
Happy Valentine's Day! Yep, I'm that girl who wears red & pink on February 14th! I love it; hearts, flowers and chocolate! Just perfect! My darling and I went skating on the Canal tonight and it truly was a perfect night! Except... I can feel it now.. the bruises starting to form!! I hope you're having a great night too and spending it with loved ones! <3
A few weeks ago while I was meandering around the mall.. this cute & stylish elderly women complimented me on a similar look! She stopped and stared and then proceeded to tell me how much she liked the polka-dots and leopard prints together! Well, I'll be! So today's outfit goes to that stylish lady in the mall - a true inspiration to keep looking your best even as time passes by!
My next purchase (among many, many others...) is going to have to be a red necklace! How cute would this outfit be with an extra bit of red to bring out the details in the dress! I found this interiors image on Pinterest, it's so strong and graphic and I love the pop of red on the grey walls.... and the black banister, oh my! Love it all!
Cardi: Old Navy | Skirt: Forever 21 | Booties: Urban Planet | Belt: Charlotte Russe
Says my boss at work! Well, my my, Thank you Sir! I will take the compliment and run with it! haha I actually love this skirt but I find it so hard to work with! I think it's because you always have to find a pair of tights to go with every skirt & dress throughout the winter.. and sometimes the look would work soooo much better without!! Come on summer! I'm ready for tight-less legs and sandals!
Inspiration: Kristin Cavallari
Obviously I found this amazing inspirational photo of Kristin on Pinterest! What a fantastic colour combination she put together! These are the types of things that I truly enjoy finding... I probably wouldn't have put this top and skirt together myself! So how great is that.. just another work day outfit for the books!
I love this dress! I purchased it quite a while ago while on a trip to Vegas actually! I love those underground stores in that city, you can just get lost and stumble across secret little boutiques! My sisters and I found this dress in a sweet little store called Lola, I believe it's a boutique branch of BCBG. It's feminine and frilly.. just the way I like it!
Sweater: J. Crew | Shirt: Forever 21 | Skinnies: Dynamite | Shoes: Costa Blanca | Necklace: The Bay | Watch: Michael Kors
These are definitely my go-to pantaloons! I will tell you a secret.. I'm not too tall.. only 4'11" and I find it very difficult to find pants that fit nicely! And lets be honest, who likes paying and actually going to get their pants hemmed? Not me thats for sure! So, I end up buying lots of skirts & dresses! (which I love btw) But when I do find some pants that fit well and work with everything... well, they end up being the pants of choice!!
Happy Monday everyone! So this outfit was going to be a "copy cat" since I found inspiration last night on Pinterest to pull the turtle-neck out from the depths of my drawers...but that just wouldn't suffice! I had to proclaim that I purchased this awesome stripped turtle-neck for a whole toonie! Plus no tax! Have I mentioned I love shopping for deals? Anyway, Joe Fresh had this on sale and I did a little shopping when the store had a no tax day, and there we have it my friends! Just can't beat that!
(via Inspired Design )
I love throwing on my leopard scarf.. I feel like it always adds a touch of style no matter what I'm wearing! I must add TGIF.. it has been a long week, but we are finally here! I loved this calm & warm room which I found on pinterest.. where else really? Anyway, it's just lovely and a great inspiration for todays outfit!